As Membership Chair of the Association for Child and Youth Care Practice, I’d like to personally welcome you to our premier trans-national child and youth care (CYC) advocacy organization. From community based programs to institutional care, our field includes dozens of CYC specialties, employing workers like you in the hundreds of thousands. For almost 40 years we have been helping advance the profession of child and youth care as a specialty area of the human services field. We are here to support you personally and professionally, whether you are just entering our profession or are a seasoned veteran. Please take a few minutes now to look at the wide array of membership benefits at: http://www.acycp.org/membership
, which we are expanding and upgrading on an on-going basis. As such, we are always open to your input, questions, comments and concerns. In addition to our attractive membership benefits, we offer several involvement opportunities to complement your professional experiences. Enriching your experiences and fulfillment in CYC work benefits everyone involved (and it looks great on your resume as well!).
Want to know more? Don’t hesitate to contact me at the information below.
Michael Mitchell, MAT, CYC-P (Retired)
Chair-ACYCP Membership Services Committee
ACYCP, a non-profit corporation tax exempt under section 501(c)(6) of the IRS tax code, is a voluntary educational, scientific and professional organization whose purpose is to support and develop programs, activities and organizations which will enhance the competence and professional status of child and youth care workers. Included in this purpose is a commitment to increase the public’s awareness of the need for quality child and youth care and its direct relationship to the future welfare of society.
Individual Membership Benefits
- Quarterly newsletter with child and youth care (CYC) professional development tips and news
- Access to ACYCP scholarships
- Copy of annual Journal of Child and Youth Care Work ($20 value) #
- Volume and organizational ACYCP membership fee discounts
- Automatic consideration for ACYCP scholarships
- DISCOUNTS to affiliated CYC local and national professional conferences
- DISCOUNTS at affiliated CYC local and national workshops and webinars
- FREE access to ACYCP workshops and webinars
- FREE access to resume, cover letter and related career/job search materials
- Access and discounts to international workshops and conferences (FICE)
- Access to professional CYC forums in which to share your achievements
- Access to professional awards and recognitions
- Support for member CYC research and continuing education
- Access to “best CYC practices’ information and resources
- Voting privileges on ACYCP board elections
- Automatic approval to stand for committee chair appointments
- Automatic standing to run for board elections and appointments
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with CYC professionals
- Access to a national Q&A forum for personal CYC issues and concerns
- Promotional support for member programs and events
# Not available with Student Membership
If you would like to view or print our enrollment form, please follow our 2017 Membership Enrollment form link.