Dear ACYCP Board Members,
We are excited to extend an invitation to you to join us for the 2017 International Youth Worker Symposium on The Sea-- Maybe you have heard through the grapevine about how awesome our experience was in 2015…or perhaps the idea of getting away and combining some amazing personal and professional development with rest and relaxation really appeals to you!
Since 2003, The Journey has been dedicated to keeping the field of youth development vibrant—and ensuring that youth workers are energized and at the top of their game. That’s why it makes perfect sense to us that youth workers from around the globe make time to come together to learn and play.
For the 2017 Symposium, we have arranged a great deal at an all-inclusive resort. (Our Journey Fellows receive a slightly discounted price, but the cost is a bargain for everyone). And we encourage you to invite colleagues, family or friends to come along as well.
The actual Symposium schedule is still being developed. However, so you can get a general idea…the seven days of the symposium will include:
- 3-4 whole-symposium learning sessions of around 4 hours each spread throughout the week
- an opportunity on one day to explore youth work at an offsite excursion in Mexico
- opportunities to participate in topic-based learning sessions/conversations scheduled throughout and led by your peers (maybe you!)
- opportunities to earn documented professional development focused on the Child and Youth Care credential competencies
- daily gatherings for socializing and networking
- of course, all the activities hosted by the resort
The following links should provide you with what you need to join us on the trip:
When you’re ready to make the commitment, follow the four steps outlined on the website and start your registration! Don’t delay too long because choice of rooms is best for those who register early.
Janet Wakefield and Tom Plake
P.S. Feel free to pass this invite to your networks – we would appreciate your support!